What is it?
Extend or create postcodes for anywhere in the world to pinpoint a location to within 1 square metre.
Ever been frustrated when people can't find your house or office despite having an address and a Post Code or Zip Code? Or do you need to permanently pinpoint a location somewhere? Well PostCodeStar is for you. We've chopped up the entire globe into around 250 trillion squares of approximate 1 meter / metre and condensed it all into a few characters after a post / zip code.
While we were at it, we decided to go one further and give global codes for every location too.
So that's a resolution of just 1m and with codes that are shortest next to where most people live.
Our Geo Star Codes are either relative to a post code or global. Global codes start with * and post codes / zip codes have a star code attached to them.
Some examples include
- 20500*VLL1 is a postal star code for the fountain on the White House lawn
- W1A 1AA*FM55 is a postal star code for the main entrance to the BBC Headquarters in London
- 10004*56SVS is a postal star code for the Statue of Liberty
- *7XGSH6LZC is a global star code for the entrance to the marina in Los Angeles
Handy yeah? Oh, and your codes are free for ever.
The benefits of PostCodeStar
- Using characters rather than words means there is no need for translation into multiple languages.
- PostCodeStar utilises the existing, easily recognised post code system where available so it's just a case of adding a couple of characters at the end.
- There's no risk of mispronunciation of words or misunderstanding due to accents or reading abilities, letters can be read out phonetically and there are only a few of them!
- It's way quicker to type a few characters than huge long co-ordinates or words.
- PostCodeStar is so accurate. You can pinpoint any 1 square metre location, anywhere in the world. On water, up a mountain, up a ski slope, in the Australian Outback... no address required. How awesome is that?